"Hot bodies are good for sex
and looking good on your arm,
but I know you are smarter than
to settle for this. Kind hearts
are good for loving your broken
parts and accepting you for
what you are. Beautiful souls
are good for teaching you about
life and happiness. Gentle spirits
are good for bringing peace and
harmony into your life. Artistic
minds are good for appreciating
differences and depth. Honest
consciences are good for trust
and reliability. Playful characters
are good for laughter and fun.
Don’t you see? When you’re 80
and looking at the last 60 years
of your life, what kind of person
do you want to have spent it with?"
"Everyone is someone’s devil."
"Nothing can wear you out like caring about people."
"Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without."
1. Make sure you own a nice bed.
2. Sleep in it frequently.
3. Remember how nice it feels to flip over your pillow to the cooler side.
4. Check your pulse and hum along to the rhythm because it is music.
5. Write clear and make a lot of spelling errors. Get the poison out and don’t worry about it being neat.
6. If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.
7. If you feel overwhelmed, go outside and scream. Find a nice empty park in the middle of the night and scream as loud as you can until your throat is bleeding. The world wants to hear you.
8. Let yourself fall in love. Believe it or not, there are people out there who want your blacks and blues.
9. Keep waking up.
10. Keep waking up.
11. Keep waking up. Maybe with someone next to you.
"I wouldn’t treat you like a princess. We would enjoy a relationship of mutual respect. I would read books you told me to read, and suggest books back. We would then discuss them. I would appreciate you on an intellectual level. We wouldn’t have the most amazing sex of your life. But we would have romance. I would hide notes in places for you, some you might find when you are on your way to school, others you wouldn’t find for years. We wouldn’t live happily ever after. We would make the best out of what we had, and just know that being together is enough. I would kiss you deeply and passionately, and I would kiss you softly and sweetly, and I would kiss you quickly when you least expect it. I would lay in bed with you and talk about our future, and about our favourite breed of dog, and about our best childhood memories. I would watch you fall asleep, and whisper “I love you” in your ear. We would sit in the grass at the park, and just breathe the air. We would climb a mountain, and we would go to the beach, and we would go to a forest, but it wouldn’t matter where we went, or what we did, for we would be together."
I don’t know who originally wrote this, I found it as a draft in my email dated from September of 2011. But I’ve never found a piece where I felt I directly related to it more than this one. (via undeadlife
This made me cry. Not okay
(Source: notyour-concern, via rh1annon)
"It’s amazing how words can do that, just shred your insides apart."